The most important thing you can do to ready your iPads for the new school year is to make sure it has been updated to iOS 9.
- Prevent students from changing the lock/home screens
- Prevent students from setting a Pass Code on the iPads
- Hiding the App Store without losing the ability for the App Updates to occur
- Very few iTunes, if any, password requests when installing Apps with Airwatch
- A much better Keyboard which shows upper and lower case letters
- Ability to easily delete all your photos/videos
- Many, many more features
Updating your iPads to the latest iOS version.
- Open Settings
- Tap Software Update
- Tap Install Now (or Download and Install)
- iPads need to be 50%+ charged or they will not do the update.
- The iPads may be too full of photos/movies to complete the update. Clean out the photo library if this is a problem. If you still need more room, try deleting some larger Apps like Garageband.
- In order to delete Apps, you will need to release the restriction in Airwatch which prevents students from deleting Apps.
- The easiest way to do this might be to contact Gary_Toews@sd34.bc.ca to remove the school’s iPad restrictions.
- If you want to do this yourself, you can log into Airwatch and temporarily remove the profile. Here is how you do this:
- Go to https://cn239.awmdm.com/AirWatch/#/Profile/List (log into Airwatch if you aren’t already)
- Find your school’s main restrictions profile in the list.
- Click on the link to open it.
- Under the General Tab, delete the Smart Group assigned to the profile.
- You now can delete Apps and make changes necessary to free up space.
Cleaning out the Photo Library
iOS 9 allows you to quickly select large numbers of photos and videos in order to delete them. Your student helpers will love doing this!
Please contact Gary_Toews@sd34.bc.ca for assistance with iPads. 604-226-3363