Working with Device Profiles
- Device profiles are the primary means by which you can manage
devices. You can think of profiles as the settings and rules that, when
combined with compliance policies, help you enforce corporate rules and
procedures. They contain the settings, configurations and restrictions
that you want to enforce on devices.
- Each school should have 3 Device Profiles to start with:
- Wifi – set by the district
- Email – the email account shared by a set of iPads.
- Typically, iPad Keepers will use Device Profiles for:
- Deploying Web Clips
- Configuring Single App Mode
Example: Create and Deploy a Web Clip
- Click Add
- Choose Apple iOS
- Give the profile a descriptive name.
- Set profile to Never be removed.
- Assign it to a Smart Group (or no Smart Group if you want to wait
to use the profile)
- From the Left Panel, choose Web Clips.
- Click Configure
- Fill in the display name and URL of the website.
- If possible, use a square icon to represent to website.
- Save and Publish
Tip #1: You can add additional web clips to the same profile by
clicking the + icon on the Web Clip panel.
Tip #2: You can create the (Web Clip) Profile without a Smart Group
assigned. Ignore the warning and save it without a Smart Group
assigned. It will remain ready to use when you need it.